Courses Introduction Courses Introduction
Optimnem offers foreign language courses for learners of all ages and abilities. The courses have been written by Daniel Tammet, in consultation with native speakers, and use a variety of ideas to teach the building blocks of the target language. The aim is to provide a broad and in depth survey of all of the major components of language learning - such as vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation - in a form that emphasises an intuitive, jargon-free, step-by-step approach.
Frequently asked questions
- I speak only a little French/Spanish. Is the course right for me?
- The courses are designed for beginners, those with only a little knowledge of the language or those who find learning and using correct grammar difficult.
- How do the courses work?
- Each course consists of 10 lessons, with each lesson focusing on a different 'building block' of the language. The courses have no time limit, so learners can take as little or as long over each lesson as they need.
- What's included in the lessons?
- Vocabulary presented in a variety of ways, jargon-free explanations of points of grammar, audio clips recorded by native speakers and exercises to help you practise as you learn and check your progress along the way.
- What equipment do I need?
- An Internet connection, plus speakers to hear the audio clips.
- How much does each course cost and how do I pay?
- Each course is £17.99 (we also accept payment in Euros and US dollars). You can make a secure online payment. Upon receipt of payment you will receive an email with your own, unique password and link to access the course pages.
Have other questions about Optimnem's language courses? Email us your questions.
Optimnem is a proud supporter of the National Autistic Society and the National Society for Epilepsy.